NJ & NY Licensed Psychologist
I am at ease in working with trauma, stress, anxiety, depression, grief and anger management. Whether issues are due to current difficulties with relationships, work health or change, or longstanding issues with self esteem, addictions or behavioral problems; my practical, interpersonal style is comforting and effective. I can provide clarity in many cases, and support deep, value-driven insight, when the problems you are facing are confusing and you are having difficulty making authentic choices. My clients receive attention on multiple levels including body-brain-mind-energy-emotion-thought-heart-spirit and soul and grow in awareness of themselves on these different levels.
Specialties include trauma, anxiety, depression, chronic illness and executive dysfunction (i.e. problems with organizing, problem solving, memory, sustained attention) due to mild TBI or ADD and Issues related to relationships, self esteem, grief and personal growth/change. Practical spirituality and energy psychology are always fun to incorporate into my work.
I’m eager to work with people who are ready to enter into therapy. It’s a great ride. Please call to consult about your situation and whether therapy can help.
What background and training does Dr. Faherty have?
Education and professional experience:
- B.A., English major, University of Pennsylvania, PA
- M.A., spiritual psychology, University of Santa Monica, CA
- Ph.D., clinical health psychology, Yeshiva University, NY
- Psychology and Neuropsychology Internship, Mount Sinai Medical Center, NY
- Postdoctoral fellowship in Psychology and Neuropsychology, Mount Sinai Medical Medical Center, NY
- Licensed psychologist in New York, #013218-1 (since 1997)
- Licensed psychologist in New Jersey, #4362 (since 2006)
- Ordained non-denominational minister, Movement of Spiritual Inner Awareness (since 1998)
- Advanced Training in Ministerial Services, Peace Theological Seminary and College of Philosophy
- ABD, EdD Transformational Leadership, Insight University
- EMDR-IA Approved Therapist for EMDR
- Faculty, Master’s Program in Transcendent Leadership, Peace Theological Seminary and College of Philosophy
- Member, American Psychological Association, New Jersey Psychological Association, EMDR-IA
- Numerous presentations on coping with stress and chronic medical illness sponsored by The American Cancer Society, The Wellness Community, Share, Crohns and Colitis Foundation, Monmouth County Park System, Newcomer’s Club of Monmouth County, Jersey Shore Tri Gals and others.
- American Psychological Association (since 1996)
- EMDRIA (since 2010)
- Riverview Hospital, Credentialed Affiliate Professional, Part of Hackensack Meridian Health Care System (since 2010)
- Associate Certified Coach (ACC) with International Coach Federation (ICF) (since 2017)